Friday, September 12, 2008

song of the day - 9.12.08: santogold - say aha

[NOTE: This is the first in what will hopefully be a semi-regular series on songs I find interesting for one reason or another that I want to share. I may not always write about them, but they'll all appear in the "songs of the days" section on the right side of the page, under my picture. Enjoy.]



Santogold is one of my favorite new artists at the moment. Apparently she opened for Coldplay on their recent tour, so I guess some other people think she's pretty good too. "Say Aha" is a dancy little number that mixes reggae/ska, 80s new wave, and punk elements with Santi White's intoxicatingly raspy voice. It sounds new and familiar at the same time, as do a number of other songs on her ecclectic self-titled debut album.

No comments: