Friday, February 27, 2009

song of the day - 2.27.09: violent femmes - waiting for the bus


Anyone whose daily commute involves a public bus knows the frustration the Violent Femmes are singing about in this song. Why, this very morning, as I waited about 15 minutes for a bus that's supposed to come every ten, this song was playing on repeat in my head (and then on my ipod). The Violent Femmes'  indifferent slacker sloppiness and deadly catchy melodies are what makes them so likable. This song is hilarious, yet so true. It will always play in my head during a particular life situation, just like "I'm So Tired" by the Beatles plays when I'm so tired. Admire the simplicity:

Hey mister driver man, don't be slow,
'Cause I got somewhere I gotta go.
Hey mister driver man, drive that thing fast,
'Cause my precious time keeps slipping past.

No comments: