Wednesday, December 24, 2008

inconvenient year-end technology failure


If you happen to be in the market for a netbook, and you are trying to decide between the Acer Aspire One and the MSI Wind... get the Wind. My friend Rachel got the Wind in September. I got the Acer in October. My Acer is now dead, or something like it. It won't turn on. I'm sending it back for repairs. This is annoying because:
  1. I'm obviously an internet fiend.
  2. I can't work on my annual Christmas mix, and it'll have to be delayed.
  3. I can't work on my year-end top albums list because all my music is on that laptop.
  4. My desktop (which I'm using to write this post) is a six-year-old hand-me-down piece of garbage that crashes every five minutes, and certainly doesn't fit in my man-purse.
Meanwhile, Rachel sent me a link saying that Wired named the Wind the Top Gadget of 2008.

On top of that, my new LG enV2 phone, which I also got in October, turns off every time I put it in my pocket. Garbage.

No comments: